Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm a compulsive list maker

Whenever I intend on leaving the house and have more than 1 thing to do, I make a list. Getting ready for tomorrow isn't any different. Things on my list? Baby food for Kristy, church clothes for the family, camera, and the list continues. I follow in my father's footsteps as far as lists go. Anyone remember the "note card"?! I'm not that bad...yet.
Tomorrow we're heading to Cedar City for AJ's baptism and to ordain Kason a Deacon. Time flys! I can't believe my oldest is receiving the priesthood and my youngest is receiving the Holy Ghost. Thank heavens Rob and I have Colten so we still have a little one. Ok, he's 6 so not that little but you get my drift.
I was so worried that AJ wasn't ready for baptism. Out of all my kids he's the wild one. I didn't think he understood until his interview. In the interview he said the Holy Ghost is like our new best friend for eternity. I knew then that it would all work out and he had heard some of the things I'd been saying. AJ's nervous but really excited.
Kason isn't quite sure what to think about receiving the priesthood. He and Rob have talked a lot about it and some of the responsibilities that come with it. I can tell he's nervous when he talks to me on the phone for a half hour. Kason is such a great kid and will work to be worthy of all priesthood blessings. We went over the fact that all he has to do is sit and fold his arms. The men will take care of the rest.
Then that leaves Dallon. He was a pest today but for good reason. He's the only one that isn't being recognized tomorrow. That's tough to handle especially when he feels overshadowed frequently. I may put him on official camera duty and haul him all over with me.
The girls, Kim and Beth, and Colten are once again along for the ride. They adore their brothers and are excited to be going tomorrow. I'm proud of how supportive they are.
I know tomorrow is going to be a special day and full of laughs and love. I know my heart will sting when my Grandpa Gil is a witness and not my Daddy. I know he'll be there but I miss him and these types of events bring it to the surface. A few tears will be shed for the absence of my Dad and the joy of watching my boys.
As I've sat and pondered tomorrows events, it occurred to me that I need to add to my list! Off I go so nothing is forgotten or left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment