Friday, September 3, 2010

Back to the Beginning

Many know how Rob and I met, many don't.

About 5 years ago I met the man of my dreams. Rob and I talked for about 3 wks before we decided a first date was in order. I knew that I had to get to St. George to meet this guy. After some babysitter scheduling I was ready to go. My favorite pants weren't washed and my allergies were so bad I couldn't wear my contacts. I had to wear the pants that were clean and my nerd-goggles(glasses) but, hey, my hair looked great! Since I didn't know where he lived we decided to meet at the St. George Temple Visitor Center. He walked around the corner and WOW...HANDSOME!!! He even brought me a Diet Coke.

Rob and I went to dinner at a mexican restaurant and did a lot of talking. We continued talking instead of a movie and I didn't want to go home. With promises of phone calls and another date he dropped me off at my car. The next day I was headed back to St. George to watch my dad's team play basketball and invited him and the kids to the game. Another successful date!

From that time on we were inseparable. Any spare moment we had was spent together, on the phone or I.M.ing. After a while I decided this guy had to be a permanent part of my life. We'd talked about the possibility of marriage and what that ment. I'm not the most patient person when I want something and I wanted him. After some thought I decided to propose and make him all mine. The proposal didn't go as smoothly as planned but after a few "Your s*^tting me"s he said yes. Thank heavens! I was starting to panic.

We were married June 2, 2006 in the Canyon Park in Cedar City, UT. It was a small and beautiful ceremony with a fun barbeque after. Our kids were involved in the whole process and felt special.

That was the day that His and Mine became OURS. We're now a blended family with 10 kids, 3 dogs, 5 chickens, 2 ducks and a fish. And, we couldn't be happier! We don't pretend that things are always easy, life is chaos, times are good and bad. We are who we are, nothing spectacular, which makes Just Us Nording's.

No comments:

Post a Comment