Friday, October 29, 2010

Run, Run as fast as you can...

There are a few things in our lives that we've taken up since the last post. I've been sleeping, which is HUGE! And Rob, Kason and I have started running.
I'm not a big fan of running (think swim team) but Kason decided we should run a half marathon in January. So, we bought the shoes and started with just a mile and a half.
Our official training starts on Monday but this last week I've been running alone. Kason has been sick with strep and Rob has been a little occupied with work. Maybe I'll have partners again next week. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this alone since my son commented the other day "Mom, maybe I overestimated how far a half marathon really is." Ya, the kid is bailing on me. Rob works long days and hence misses a lot of the training.




On the other hand, I could get used to this sleeping idea. I've tried to be really good at getting to bed just after 10. It's been kinda nice! Sleep, huh, who knew?! My kids have been really cute and helpful. They helped pick up my room so I could rest in a clean room. They were willing to be quiet Friday and Saturday nights so I could get to bed. There are days that it's a little rough to get to sleep but overall, a great improvement. The kids did cute little things. See the glasses on the M&M pot? My bracelet was the dog collar. Sweet kids and a very supportive husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment