Saturday, October 9, 2010

Insomnia = Tough Subjects

When I don't sleep, which is more frequently than I'd like, tough subjects run around in my head. Everyone has had one bad moment in their life but it's how we choose to deal with it that makes all the difference. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been to therapy, more than once. It's a great tool to help us deal with issues that we can't seem to think outside our box on. Sometimes it takes another perspective on our thoughts to broaden our thinking and find a solution and forgiveness.
As I lay is bed I'm able to think about sensitive subjects without intense emotion and come to clearer thoughts. I would love to take my personal experiences and talk about them openly with groups to educate. I'd talk with health classes on the effects of anorexia, young women on the subject of date rape, groups of people on dealing with depression/anxiety, women on abusive relationships and anyone who will listen about how the Savior has helped thru all of these ordeals.
This sounds a little depressing but by dwelling on these subjects I have a clearer understanding of my position and a healthier outlook on them. I can feel the atonement continuing to take effect on my life and lighten the burden of sadness. I lay next to my husband and feel grateful that he's supportive (although jealous he's asleep) and I can talk openly to him. Rob isn't judgemental. He loves me for who I am.
What do you think about late at night? What do you do when you can't sleep? Like my cousin said, we'd like to find the relative who passed on the insomnia and see if we could trade it for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment